[Freeswitch-users] Port question again

Max Bridgewater max.bridgewater at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 03:23:35 PST 2010

Hey Guys,

Thought the port question was asked a number of times, I couldn't find an
answer to this. So please bear with me. I have a Freeswitch box that is on
the Internet without any sort of NAT. I want to block as much ports as
possible on this box while still allowing Freeswitch to 1) receive calls
from Voip providers and  2) send calls to other VoIP providers.

What port can I block and what ports do I need to let open?

I know 5080 needs to be open. But can I restrict the RTP ports to, say, only
20000?

Thanks so much.
Max.