[Freeswitch-users] How to register from FS to Huawei SoftX3000

Tihomir Culjaga tculjaga at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 11:55:27 PST 2010

hi Dome,

well,  SOFTX3000 is a great switch :)

anyhow... there are 2 ways you can provide services via SIP to your
customers:

1. MSBR ( Multimedia subscriber)
2. SIP trunk

with MSBR you actually create an account (MMTE - multimedia terminal) and
bind a phone number to that account... When using MSBR you MUST register in
order to place/receive calls and of course you are limited to only 1
simultaneous calls on that account. From my oppinion this is not to be used
with FS because of the limultaneous calls limit per account!

with SIP trunk ... it is simple, this is just number analisys. The important
thing is that SoftX3000 doesn't support registration on SIP Trunk! You must
not register. Also, it uses SIP OPTIONS for keepalive and you should respond
to that messages as well... otherwise it will bring the trunk down.

regarding call limitation ... well, this is something realy unlikelly...
there is no such feature on SX to filter by user-agent.

Anyhow, did you try to register with any softphone? ... I've tested x-lite,
jsphone, ekiga, 3cx, ... and everyone is working!

can you send us the wireshark capture ?

or you can send me the accounts to check that out... of course off the list
:)

T.