[Freeswitch-users] Changing the username portion of the RURI with registered devices

Kristian Kielhofner kristian.kielhofner at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 12:33:52 PST 2010

Hello everyone,

  Is there (or can we get) a way to set the username portion of the
request URI (along with To:) arbitrarily?  Obviously this can be done
when specifying a bridge string but I'm wondering if it would be
possible with registered contacts.  So...

  Let's say I have another FS/Asterisk/etc system registered with the
username "gw".  Let's say I want to direct multiple DIDs to that
registered endpoint.  I'd bridge to:

sofia/internal/gw%domain.local

(or whatever my domain was)

  The INVITE will go out with a destination URI of the registered
contact.  Probably something like:

gw at 192.168.1.10 (assuming that's where I was registered)

  I'd like to be able to do something like:

{user_uri=9415551212}sofia/internal/gw%local.domain

  Before sending the INVITE to the device, FS/Sofia would replace the
username portion in the RURI/To: with 9415551212, something like:

9415551212 at 192.168.1.10

  Is this currently possible?

  Basically I don't want to have to independently register each DID in
this scenario.

--
Kristian Kielhofner
http://www.astlinux.org