[Freeswitch-users] Bypass_media mode

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Tue Jan 12 01:53:32 PST 2010

Mark Campbell-Smith <mcampbellsmith at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've updated and tested bypass_media.
>
> It works if I remove this line from the B leg dialplan (ie 2010 calls
> 1000 - this is in the 1000 section of the dialplan):
>                         <action application="tone_detect" data="fax
> 1100 r +5000 transfer 'receivefax XML features' 1" />
>
> Does bypass_media work with tone_detect?

As I understand it, tone_detect detects tones in the RTP stream (i.e., in the
audio). For this to be possible, FreeSWITCH has to be in the audio path, hence
bypass media cannot be used

If this reasoning isn't obvious to you, then you've misunderstood what
tone_detect does or what bypass media is (the audio traffic flows directly
between the two endpoints without passing through the FreeSWITCH system that
establishes the connection, therefore FreeSWITCH can't process it to detect
tones and consequently bypass media and tone detection are inherently
incompatible.)