[Freeswitch-users] Gateway Configuration

Joseph L. Casale jcasale at activenetwerx.com
Mon Jan 11 18:24:50 PST 2010

>I've only got a PAP2T (2 FXS) but from what you describe I'd say that it makes
>sense for the FXO port to be "phone_#_of_pstn" and FXS to be "ext_to_dial."
>I believe FS tries to be endpoint-type agnostic in this scenario. It's a SIP
>call in and gets routed in the dialplan.

This is what I thought as well, where I am unclear is how you register this device
as a gateway then as it isn't like a regular sip provider by means of a gateway
definition? The gateway definition requires a username and password for example
so how do you create the basic definition to allow the spa3102 to push the call into
the public context?

I can make an outbound call as I just construct a dialplan like:
"sofia/internal/$1 at spa3102.domain.local:5060"

>>Incoming sip did's and a zap line I had all were configured so that
>>they entered the public context filtered by <phone_#>.
>If a call is coming in from an actual PSTN line then hitting the public context makes a lot of sense.

>Out of curiosity, what is your application?

We use this one pstn line as backup when voip is down for whatever reason. The
company # given out is the single pstn line, its routed on busy to the sip provider
for a series of other lines. As we expect the pstn to always be working, if the
voip is up and more people call we get the calls. If voip is down, at least we have
1 line always working w/o any manual intervention. Outgoing always tries sip first
and then routes to the pstn line if required.

Thanks,
jlc