[Freeswitch-users] Help with Portech <-> Freeswitch

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Mon Jan 11 16:50:56 PST 2010

On Sat, Jan 9, 2010 at 9:00 AM, Max Bridgewater
<max.bridgewater at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> It appears quite a few people in the list are using Portech. Can you please
> help me connect Freeswitch to  it for termination puposes?
>
> Here is what I've done so far but without success.
>
> In Freeswitch I created a profile and stored it in under
> /usr/local/freeswitch/conf/sip_profiles/external/. Here is the content:
>
> <include>
>   <gateway name="portech">
>     <param name="username" value="noauthentication" />
>     <param name="password" value="noauthentication" />
>     <param name="proxy" value="74.24.22.59" />
>     <param name="realm" value="74.24.22.59" />
>     <param name="register" value="false" />
>   </gateway>
> </include>
>
> Then, in the /usr/local/freeswitch/confi/dialplan/default.xml, I added the
> following extension:
>
>    <extension name="portech">
>       <condition field="destination_number" expression="^2801$">
>         <action application="bridge"
> data="sofia/gateway/portech/5147237479"/>
>       </condition>
>     </extension>
>
> In Portech MV374, what I did is simply adding one entry in the Mobile/Lan
> to mobile table  that consists of  URL: 74.24.22.59 and call Num: #.
>
> Now, when I connect to Freeswitch with Xlite and try to dial extension 2801
> it simply says User Busy. i don't even see that attempts are being made to
> connect to the Portech gateway.
>
> Any idea?
> Thanks in advance.

Turn on debug level console output and turn on SIP trace and make a test
call capturing the output. Put into a pastebin and reply to this thread with
the link. Hopefully the log will tell you (and us) what is going on.

FYI, this page has lots have handy tips for how to gather information and
report it:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Reporting_Bugs

That page is your friend because it gives you lots of tools and skills for
gathering information. :)
-MC