[Freeswitch-users] How to provide dynamic directory information?

Mike van Lammeren mike at van.lammeren.net
Mon Jan 11 14:53:24 PST 2010

Hello!

I'd like to be able to have FreeSWITCH check a database for authorization,
every time a user registers. There are some great examples on the wiki,
which use either MOD_XML_CURL or Lua to dynamically provide a dialplan, but
I cannot find an example for providing a directory.

I am developing an application that will have thousands of users, and will
run on multiple FreeSWITCH servers behind a load balancer. Ideally,
FreeSWITCH would only look-up directory information, specifically, username
and password, whenever a user attempts to connect. The directory information
will be changing regularly, as users are added or removed from the system.

Is this possible with FreeSWITCH? Or can only dialplan information be
provided dynamically?

I've written a script in Lua that provides the XML data, such as that found
in the example /freeswitch/conf/directory/default/ folders, and I try to
call it with this bit of XML in /freeswitch/conf/directory/default.xml:

<groups>
<group name="default">
<users>
<param name="xml-handler-script" value="/directory.lua"/>
<param name="xml-handler-bindings" value="users"/>
</users>
</groups>

Is this the right approach? Am I going about this the right way?

I would appreciate any tips that anyone can provide!

Thanks!

Mike van Lammeren