[Freeswitch-users] Help rewriting hangup causes

Ahmed Naji a.alalousi at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 04:18:11 PST 2010

Dear All,

I posted a thread re the subject but didn't get any joy, so perhaps second
time lucky.

I need to rewrite a couple of hangup causes to mean NORMAL_CONGESTION and no
matter which variables I set, this isn't happening. The idea is to control
what codes are returned to an end point after a successful bridge, as well
as deal with what codes are returned if the bridge is unsuccessful (e.g.
user_busy, originator_cancel ...etc).

I've had limited success by setting hangup_after_bridge=false then bridging
to error/<required_code>. This, however only works when the B-leg terminates
the call after a successful answer. Any other codes are not rewritten.

I've also tried playing with the bridge_hangup_code and hangup_code
variables prior and after bridging, still no joy. I have also set
sip_ignore_remote_cause=true prior to entering the bridge, as well
explicitly in vars.xml.

By the way, I'm running in proxy-media mode, but I did try it with
bypass-media as well. Same symptoms, same behaviour.

Any help with this would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Ahmed.