[Freeswitch-users] Ruby ESL missing pthread

Nicolas Brenner nicolas at medularis.com
Thu Jan 7 19:58:26 PST 2010

I followed the instructions on the wiki to compile the Ruby version of
ESL, but then when I tried to run the examples, I kept getting a
"undefined symbol: pthread_mutexattr_init" error. I ran ldd on the
ESL.so file in the libs/esl/ruby folder and found it wasn't linked
against pthread, so I manually added -lpthread to the Makefile,
recompiled and got it to work. The only other version I tried was the
Perl one and it compiled and worked without needing anything.