[Freeswitch-users] Call through gateway without register > sends to gateway name?

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Thu Jan 7 09:20:07 PST 2010

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 6:56 AM, peely <freeswitch at peely.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a problem where I'm trying to send calls to a gateway that does not
> support registration.
>
> In my external sip profile directory I have a file containing:
>
> <include>
>    <gateway name="mygateway">
>

>    </gateway>
> </include>
>
> Then in my dialplan I have a dialplan with an action of:
>
> <action application="bridge" data="sofia/gateway/mygateway/1234567890"/>
>
> However, when I call out, the Sofia diag shows:
>
> sres_send_dns_query(0x7f19ac011150, 0x7f19a401cdf0) id=20898 NAPTR
> mygateway
> (to [172.16.1.1]:53)
>
> Could somebody please tell me how I get the gateway config to send INVITEs
> to a specific IP?

Is that your actual gateway definition? I see a bunch of blank lines and I
don't know if that's a typo or what. Be sure that you have this in your
gateway:
<param name="register" value="false"/>

Of course, you still need the username and password fields, even if they
just have dummy values, plus you should have the realm specified. If you're
still having issues then pastebin your whole gateway file (redacting private
info) and also a capture of a debug trace of a failed call from start to
finish.

-MC