[Freeswitch-users] FreeSwitch and GSM/HSPA Modems

Michelle Konzack linux4michelle at tamay-dogan.net
Wed Jan 6 09:14:13 PST 2010

Chiao Giovanni,

thankyoufor you efforts to get this running...

Do you have a list of High-End GSM-Modules?

If not my co-worker and me would develop one but we are not sure, which
End-Points we need in the Modem...  The biggest  problem  is,  that  we
need the HD*PA part too, to get the Internet connection.

If I see it right, the "Nokia 76120 classic" has  tonns  of  End-Points
and it seems, irt support Data+Voice in the same time...

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
    Michelle Konzack
    Electronic Engineer
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

Am 2010-01-06 16:59:14, schrieb Giovanni Maruzzelli:
> hehehe,
>
> MikeJ, you're right!
>
> I'm taking opportunity from holidays (in Italy we still in holidays
> until tomorrow), to make ready for testing the endpoint for GSM
> devices.
>
> Short blurb:
> - can use as phisical interface high end GSM modules, or gsm modems,
> or gsm cellphones (with cables)
> - can send/receive SMSs and voice calls
> - SMSs generates events
> - will use standard CHAT api interface for SMSs (like Jingle and sofia/SIMPLE)
> - will be possible to compile it with sound support and a c++ library
> for PDU access (for who that wants maximum SMS details plus voice
> calls)
> -will be possible to compile it as bare C (no c++) without sound
> support and without PDU support for maximum embeddability in low end
> machines (will act as an SMS gateway, sending/receiving SMSs, without
> voice calls)
>
> will soon be ported to work on windoz too (at the moment, works only
> on Linux, maybe on *BSD too)
>
> You can see old wikipage (no more reliable, to be thoroughly updated)
> here: http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/GSMopen
>
> -giovanni

<http://www.tamay-dogan.net/>                 Michelle Konzack
<http://www.can4linux.org/>                   Apt. 917
<http://www.flexray4linux.org/>               50, rue de Soultz
Jabber linux4michelle at jabber.ccc.de           67100 Strabourg/France
IRC    #Debian (irc.icq.com)                  Tel. DE: +49 177 9351947
ICQ    #328449886                             Tel. FR: +33  6  61925193