[Freeswitch-users] How to suspend certain users from the system using flush_inbound_reg

Ahmed Naji a.alalousi at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 12:25:50 PST 2010

Hi Katarina,

Sounds like you have enabled ipauth by having cidr attributes within the
extension file. E.g:

<user id="test" cidr="192.168.0.0/16">

If this is the case, then username/password tuplles will fail (because you
have disabled them) but ipauth will work, and FS will allow unregistered
calls.

Also, check you conf/autoload_configs/acl.conf.xml to see if your default
domains acl state is one of allow rather than deny. E.g:

<list name="domains" default="allow">
    <node type="allow" domain="$${domain}"/>
</list>

This type of list is bad news anyway. I've seen it allow unregistered calls
from anyone simply by them knowing your domain.

What we do in our set-up is remove the default ACLs altogether, and apply
our own custom ones + firewalling at the border.

Hope this helps you a little.

2010/1/3 katarina djakovic <kdjakovic at hotmail.com>

>  Hi,
>
> we are trying to figure out how to suspend certain subscribers from our
> system and we have some problems with removing thier
> registrations. The UAs are ATAs.
>
> This is what we do:
>
> 1) We remove the subscriber extension from the conf\directory .xml files
> 2) We do reloadxml
> 3) We flush user's registration with flush_inbound_reg
>
> but, the users are still able to make calls as if they were still
> registered. To make it clearer, their registrations are removed from
> the registration list (checked with sofia status), but they system still
> accepts the calls from them. From this, it seems that if ATA is never
> rebooted - we are not able to ban these users from the system.
>
> Only after the ATA is rebooted user is not able to make calls any more, as
> the ATA can not register any more - since they users are
> removed from the directory. But before we reboot ATA everything works as
> nothing had been done.
>
> Does anyone have an idea what are we doing wrong? We expect that after the
> registration is removed from the FS the UA should not be
> able to make a call but this is not what happnes.
>
> Can anybody help please?
> Thanks,
> Katarina

> Keep your friends updated— even when you’re not signed in.<http://www.microsoft.com/middleeast/windows/windowslive/see-it-in-action/social-network-basics.aspx?ocid=PID23461::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-xm:SI_SB_5:092010>

Ahmed Naji