[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch SPA3000 HUP Not Sent

Ben Langfeld ben at langfeld.co.uk
Fri Feb 26 10:41:14 PST 2010

Hey,

I have a small 7 seat mostly softphone based PBX installation in place using
freeswitch and a couple of SPA3000s for PSTN termination. Currently, aside
from PSTN HUP detection, outbound calls are fine setup to directly dial the
SPAs. When the internal VoIP side hangs up, freeswitch sends NORMAL_CLEARING
to the ATA and the ATA drops the call. Lovely.

Unfortunately inbound calls aren't so successful. Calls are sent using the
SPA dialplan to an internal freeswitch extension, and the calls connect
fine. This time, when the VoIP side hangs up, no NORMAL_CLEARING is sent to
the ATA. Is there a reason for this?

Can anyone give me any idea how I can get freeswitch to instruct the SPA to
drop the line?

Regards,
Ben Langfeld

Wave > Email