[Freeswitch-users] SIP Trunk with Private Static IP?

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 00:57:39 PST 2010

Create two SIP profiles, each bound to one of your local IPs.

You may create a gateway on the profile for the SIP trunk IP for the
10.42.0.1 server, but this is optional.

You can then bridge calls via the SIP server using one of:
<action application="bridge" data="sofia/gateway/gatewayname"/>
<action application="bridge" data="sofia/profilename/number at 10.42.0.1"/>

The advantages of using a gateway are:
- supports authentication
- will monitor the gateway to detect if it goes down (so calls fail
instantly rather than after a timeout)

As for the default gateway, it is the IP you send via to reach IPs
that are not on a network you are connected directly to - you should
probably only have one set, and it should be the one you go via to
reach the Internet.

-Steve