[Freeswitch-users] ESF_PAGE_GROUP in a box with 2 interfaces

Luis F Urrea lfurrea at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 16:12:16 PST 2010

Thx Brian,

I understand that you can set the *destination* IP:Port via variables, but I
was concerned with the source interface of the multicast traffic.

And I just confirmed that on FreeBSD you do not need to specify a route in
the single interface case because:

"the default multicast route is via the interface
with the default route; setting a route isn't necessary unless you need to
force multicast to go via a particular interface by default, this is done
by longest-prefix matching like all other IPv4 routing activities."

They also state that:

"An unprivileged userland application is also able to control where it is
sending its multicast traffic (without mucking with the routing table)
by using the sockopt IP_MULTICAST_IF.  It can specify the address of
any interface on the
machine"

But this would really be a hassle for the programmer :)

Thx for your help!