[Freeswitch-users] sending custom events

Alfredo Quiroga-Villamil lawwton at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 10:31:21 PST 2010

Niall:

I am really new to FS so I apologize before hand if my response is not
correct; but here is what I understand so far for Events. Some modules
have events associated with them. Some of the modules have Custom
Events.

a) All the way to the bottom of the link shown below you'll see the
modules that have custom events:

http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Event_list

b) All events listed shown below:

http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Event_list

c) In my case for example I am also using Java and opening a
connection using my own wrapper as well to ESL. For a conference, we
then send the following custom event via the socket.
An example of a custom event:

event plain CUSTOM conference::maintenance

Java Sample Code:

            Socket socket = new Socket("API URL", PORT);
            String cmd = String.format("event plain %s %s
conference::maintenance",
                                       FreeSwitchEvent.SHUTDOWN.toString(),
                                       FreeSwitchEvent.CUSTOM.toString());

So there I am registering to a couple of events. One of them being a
custom event for the conference in this case.

Like I said I am really new to FS, so I might not be 100% on the money here.

Regards,

Alfredo