[Freeswitch-users] stream a file multicast with mod_esf

MohammedShehzad pmhshz at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 22:47:20 PST 2010

Yes, PCMU is hardcoded currently from multicaster. I looked into mod_sndfile
for decoding PCMU to other codec, but it seems that module is using
libsndfile, which reads sound file directly and decode them to L16. If
something similar to libsndfile is available, which work on stream instead
of file io, then it would surely work.

I don't know how exactly Freeswitch's codec structures & functions work, I
am sure decoding can be done by using that, but don't know how to use them.

On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 7:17 AM, Michael Jerris <mike at jerris.com> wrote:

> You will need to create the codec for what you need, I think it is
> hardcoded in there to PCMU at the moment, correct?  This will of course need
> to match the stream its reading.
>
> Mike
>
> On Feb 20, 2010, at 12:50 AM, MohammedShehzad wrote:
>

> On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 1:32 PM, MohammedShehzad <pmhshz at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 12:59 PM, Michael Jerris <mike at jerris.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Listening on multicast is noting special for multicast, it is just
>>> like reading any other udp socket
>>>
>>> Mike
>>>
>>> Correct, but I have to play those audio stream back to caller taking care
>> of the audio codec  and other things, do anybody have any idea in that part?
>> Please let me know that.
>>  --
>>
>> -MohammedShehzad
>>

> I am able to receive the play the multicasted RAW PCMU RTP (modified the
> skel of format provided by brian), so that caller can hear the multicast
> which done by other Freeswitch server using mod_esf application, but when i
> change the caller's codec from PCMU to something else, it breaks.

-MohammedShehzad