[Freeswitch-users] altering callerid

Brian May brian at microcomaustralia.com.au
Sun Feb 21 18:52:30 PST 2010

Ok, now for something maybe a little bit dodgy. How do I alter the
callerid for an incoming call?

Example, the SIP provider I use provides callerid in the format
613XXXXXXXX, however some of the analogue phones have fixed width
displays and cannot display this long number correctly, as such, I
would like to change that to 03XXXXXXXX - compatible with what the
local telephone company uses.

Is this possible?

In asterisk I used:

exten => number/_61NXXXXXXXX,1,Set(CALLERID(num)=0${CALLERID(num):2})
exten => number/_X.,1,Set(CALLERID(num)=+${CALLERID(num)})

(disclaimer - 2nd line not tested with analogue phones)
--
Brian May <brian at microcomaustralia.com.au>