[Freeswitch-users] Skypiax- how to know which card to use?

Giovanni Maruzzelli gmaruzz at celliax.org
Fri Feb 19 14:41:41 PST 2010

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 10:30 PM, Doc <ledoktre at meanie.us> wrote:

> I am attempting to setup Skypiax and Freeswitch on Ubuntu Hardy.  I've
> had a couple of previous problems which updating to SVN trunk release
> seemed to resolve, but I've got one lingering one to ask about.

Hi Doc,

before to delve in the troubleshooting, I have to say that I'm
modifying the audio skypiax code in svn, so maybe it's just my fault
;).

please be patient for a little while, I hope to have done with it in a
couple days.

I'll announce to the mailing list when done.

In the mean time, at least one good news for you user of SkypeIn
service: a new feature of mod_skypiax is intended to recognize the
DTMFs coming from SkypeIn, so the incoming calls will be able to use
ivr, voicemail, etc.

> When a call comes in to my SkypeIn number (PSTN that rings my Skype), FS
> picks up and rings the desired extension.  No problems there.  What
> happens though is, the person that is on the extension in the office can
> hear the calling party just fine, but the calling party hears stuttered
> choppy sound.
> What do you think causes the stuttering on my audio for the calling party?
>
> Do you think it might be a codec?  I have everything setup right now to
> use g711u.  I'd like to use something smaller and higher quality, but
> I'm not sure what is a better option.

I would exclude is a codec problem

> I had made some phone calls as listed above and they tested out just
> fine, but in that same time frame I also recompiled Alsa drivers with
> the Skypiax dummy file, so do you think there might be something in that
> causing the stutter?

more probably is some change I made to the code, please be patient for
a while, couple days.

-giovanni

--
Sincerely,