[Freeswitch-users] mod_fax undefined symbol

TTNC - Technical technical at ttnc.co.uk
Fri Feb 19 02:26:02 PST 2010

On 19 Feb 2010, at 10:12, TTNC - Technical wrote:

> On 19 Feb 2010, at 09:46, Giovanni Maruzzelli wrote:
>
>> FS mod_fax uses FS provided libtiff.
>>
>> If you have not modified the Makefile, mod_fax is built like that, to
>> use the FS provided libtiff.
>>
>> Have you modified the Makefile?
>>
>> -giovanni
>
> I haven't touched the make file, I followed the Debian install guide: http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Installation_Guide#Debian_Linux
>
> Could it be that the Debian version of libtiff4-dev is conflicting with the FreeSWITCH static one? Doesn't seem likely...

Just as another note - I've tried an install the 'freeswitch' way rather than the 'Debian' one.

dpkg-buildpackage in FreeSWITCH root requires the Debian package libtiff4-dev to be installed before it'll work. I've uninstall all Debian libtiff* packages and gone into the FreeSWITCH root and done a 'make && make install'.

Same problem persists:

2010-02-19 10:23:01.277590 [CRIT] switch_loadable_module.c:882 Error Loading module /opt/freeswitch/mod/mod_fax.so
**/opt/freeswitch/mod/mod_fax.so: undefined symbol: TIFFDefaultStripSize**

I guess that sort of shows it's an internal problem with the FreeSWITCH libtiff or mod_fax rather than the Debian package?

I'll update the bug report with this.

Russ