[Freeswitch-users] more than 1 profile for sofia/user ?

Peter P GMX Prometheus001 at gmx.net
Thu Feb 18 11:27:16 PST 2010

Hello,

in the standard setup - if a phone is registering to port 5060 - it is
bound to the "internal" profile. And I can dial it via sofia/user/xxxx then.

However due to NAT issues I would like to have to 2 seperate profiles
for SIP phones. For example I have a "local" profile for all devices
inside the LAN (e.g. Pattons und in future: local phones) and another
"internal" profile which allows also external phones via
external-xxx-ip. That way I would like to ensure that local phones have
nothing to do with natted adresses and that external phones can register
via external IPs.

Question How do I manage that I can register a phone to the "local"
profile and being able to dial that phone via sofia/user/xxxxx?

Or do I think too complicated and there is simply nothing special to do?

Best regards
Peter