[Freeswitch-users] One more thing..

Scott Torr scott.torr.fs at letterboxes.org
Thu Feb 18 04:35:52 PST 2010

On Wed, 17 Feb 2010 18:19 -0600, "Doc" <ledoktre at meanie.us> wrote:
> About the DTMF issues, for fun, I got onto Skype chat.  I was told by
> the technician there that Skype does not support DTMF on SkypeIn -OR-
> Skype for SIP.  He said sorry, but you won't get anywhere.

Hi Doc,

I can confirm that out-of-band DTMF signaling works for the Skype SIP
product using a SkypeIn PSTN number.

>From the Skype support site.
https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA10292/Do-you-support-DTMF-with-Skype-for-SIP?frompage=search&q=dtmf

<quote>
Do you support DTMF with Skype for SIP?

Yes. Skype supports out-of-band DTMF signaling in accordance with the
RFC 2833 standard. Details of RFC 2833 are located on the IETF website.

We do *not* support in-band DTMF signaling.
</quote>

Regards,
Scott Torr

regards