[Freeswitch-users] Bypass-media and REFER method

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 14:48:50 PST 2010

Let me try to explain better now that I am not on my cell.

My original explanation already stated that the receipt of the refer on a
blind xfer is always answered with a 202 because the call will transfer to
the desired extension with success.  That does not mean that the subsequent
call that is going to take place when that leg hits the dialplan and tries
to make another outbound call will be successful as well.  There is no way
to predict that.  It could easily be a conference or moh or some other 1
legged call.  The 2nd leg in your description cannot exist unless the leg
you are transferring goes back to the dialplan.

The call you sent the REFER to already has moved on in the FS state machine
and there would be no way to go back.

This is what I was trying to explain when I said we have to sacrifice some
seemingly easy features from one perspective to gain all the other things we
can do in FreeSWITCH.

So its not 100% impossible to code but it currently does not exist and I
would be concerned trying to do it would blur the abstraction lines in the
code.  So the short answer is, no, we don't support what you are asking
about.

On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 12:37 PM, Anthony Minessale <
anthony.minessale at gmail.com> wrote:

> Right we can't do it
> Its difficult to add
>
> On Feb 14, 2010 11:39 AM, "Victor Maruani" <vmaruani at interwise.com> wrote:
>
>  Hi,
>

> I understand your point and the reason I want to bypass media has a lot to
> do with load/call volume.
>
> I don't mind the notify series being implemented or not, the notify OK is
> enough if it succeeded indeed.
>
> I think the issue here is the order of action.
>

> Instead of making a long speech and lose my point allow me to put it like
> this:
>
> What I see today is:
>
> a-      REFER is received
>
> b-      FS immediately sends 202 accepted ----- ok
>
> c-       FS sends NOTIFY OK to B ---- wrong (not true yet)
>
> d-      FS sends reINVITE to A  ------ wrong (why not after FS gets C's
> sdp)
>
> e-      B is disconnected ------- wrong (same as above , and if C is down
> I lose the caller)
>
> f-       FS INVITE C  ------ ok
>

> Without getting in sip madness, I would change the order to a,b, F , c,d,e
>
> This way only do I have the sofia leg talking to the B-leg independently
> during the REFER in my view.
>
> What do you think?
>

> In the meantime I'll try playing with the config but so far I don't have it
> work.
>
> Thanks,
>

> Regards,
>
> Victor.