[Freeswitch-users] mod_python fetching data from mysql for VM

mbsip mbsip at gazeta.pl
Sat Feb 13 13:54:11 PST 2010

Thx for prompt reply.

The main task is to be able to use Mysql db in conjunction with VM
(but not only voicemail_msgs, voicemail_prefs).

Lets imagine sb is calling 1000 and wants to record the message.
According to mod_voicemail settings message should be sent to some
email address.
But the information about user 1000 and his settings like email
address, passwd, quota should be fetched from Mysql db, not from
directory/default/1000.xml.
That's why I am using <action application="python" data="test"/> in my
dialplan to work with python script which in turn should do the magic.
The script should be able to gather all necessery data about user 1000
(like email address in shown example) and use them in VM.

So the problem is how to modify the script to force voicemail app to
use data from DB.
Currently  session.execute("voicemail", "default ${domain} " +
the_dest) is still using .xml files.

Thx,
Maciej.