[Freeswitch-users] Any Known Dual-Registration Issue?

Michael Jerris mike at jerris.com
Wed Feb 10 17:13:18 PST 2010

This is correct, so registrations have a timeout.  If your timeout is long, and you allow multiple registrations, it will keep trying to call the bad registration until timeout.  Our middle-ground setting is to have a setting that specifies only one reg per ip/port.  Anything beyond that is just not possible with the protocol, at least when using udp.  If you are using tcp for the registrations it *might* clear that down properly in these cases.  So you have 3 ways to address this.  Only allow 1 registration per user, only allow 1 registration per contact, allow all the registrations and expect this issue until timeout (set at the length you can tollerate), and a possible 4th of tcp may address this.

Mike