[Freeswitch-users] ACL question and js error

Frank Carmickle frank at carmickle.com
Tue Feb 9 18:46:39 PST 2010

On Tue, Feb 09, Matthew Law wrote:
> On Sun, February 7, 2010 2:59 pm, Frank Carmickle wrote:
> > On Sun, Feb 07, Matthew Law wrote:
> >> After some more experiments I have a working replacement for the
> >> asterisk
> >> box we were using before, which is great.
> >>
> >> I had problems getting incoming calls to work. Changing the entry in
> >> acl.conf.xml from:
> >>
> >> <list name="domains" default="deny">
> >>    <node type="allow" domain="$${domain}"/>
> >> </list>
> >>
> >> to:
> >>
> >> <list name="domains" default="allow">
> >>    <node type="allow" domain="$${domain}"/>
> >> </list>
> >>
> >> and reloading xml works but this gets reverted every time FS starts up.
> >> I've scanned the wiki docs and can't see anything pertaining to that.
> >> Why/where is this happening and how do I make it the default?  Actually,
> >> the question should probably be is it sensible to do that? - the box is
> >> out on the internet and I really only want to take incoming calls from
> >> voiptalk.org, but I can't find a list of IPs on their site which I could
> >> create an acl from...
> >
> > This is what gateway definitions are for in sofia.
>
> I'm still struggling with this.  How where do I tell sofia to allow
> incoming connections from this gateway?
>
> Here's my sip_profiles/external/voiptalk.org.xml with the sensitive stuff
> removed:
>
> <include>
>         <gateway name="voiptalk">
>                 <param name="username" value="XXXXXXX" />
>                 <param name="realm" value="voiptalk.org" />
>                 <param name="from-user" value="XXXXXXX"/>
>                 <param name="from-domain" value="voiptalk.org"/>
>                 <param name="password" value="XXXXXXX" />
>                 <param name="extension" value="voiptalk-incoming"/>
>                 <param name="proxy" value="voiptalk.org"/>
>                 <param name="register-proxy" value="voiptalk.org"/>
>                 <param name="expire-seconds" value="600"/>
>                 <param name="register" value="true"/>
>                 <param name="ping" value="25"/>
>         </gateway>
> </include>
>
> Do I need to add something to this file or maybe sofia.conf.xml to allow
> connections from this domain?  Most everything else is working now, just
> banging my head on this.

After doing a
sofia profile $profile rescan reloadxml

it still doesn't work?  Are you sure it isn't hitting the dialplan and failing?  I have never used

<param name="extension" value="voiptalk-incoming"/>

I usually leave it commented and then match on the  destination in the dialplan.

<condition field="destination_number" expression="^(4124134655|4128484655|19734226137)$">

HTH
--FC