[Freeswitch-users] Passing channel variables to mod_fifo and xml_cdr

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Tue Feb 9 14:55:11 PST 2010

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 6:09 PM, Adam Ford <lists at redbonez.net> wrote:

>  When sending a call through mod_fifo I seem to be losing my custom
> channel variables that were assigned during prior processing of the call.
> In my example, I am trying to assign a unique identifier at the time the
> call enters my FreeSWITCH system in order to more easily tie the xml_cdr
> logs together.  This works great, until a call is processed through
> mod_fifo, which drops my custom channel variable in the calls that it
> generates.  Is it likely that I have something wrong with my config? Or does
> mod_fifo not support the passing of custom channel variables?
>

> The overall problem I am trying to solve is that mod_fifo generates a
> separate a-leg for every time it rings an agent.  If the agent answers, the
> a-leg log gets tied to the associated b-leg log with the uuids and I am able
> to see the entire call in xml_cdr.  However, if the agent rejects the call
> or doesn’t answer, the a-leg is abandoned with seemingly no association back
> to a b-leg log.  Anyone have a better suggestion for tying all these xml_cdr
> logs together for a full picture of the call?

Just curious - are you looking at this from the caller's perspective or the
agent's perspective? An unanswered/rejected call from FIFO to an agent
doesn't tell you very much. However, if you're trying to gather statistics
on an individual agent then I could see why you'd want to know how many FIFO
calls they failed to answer. As far as the "new" A leg not being tied back
to a B leg - Mike J is 100% correct: A FIFO call to an agent has absolutely
no correlation to any caller waiting in queue. (I suppose the only exception
to this rule would be if there was only one caller in the queue when the
FIFO called out to the agents.)

Like Mike said, FIFO is not ACD. FIFO is "get the caller to a human as
efficiently and quickly as possible." ACD is more of "connect the longest
waiting caller to the longest waiting agent, with possible exceptions for
skills, etc." Check out Andrew Thompson's SpiceCSM for a possible solution
to your scenario.

http://www.opencsm.org/wiki/index.php/SpiceCSM_Community_Edition

-MC