[Freeswitch-users] Difference Between "bridge" and "transfer"

Ognjen Seslija oseslija at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 02:55:01 PST 2010

This happens when most of my customers forward call from their sip phones to
pstn extensions (mobile phones i.e.).
FS will then bridge two pstn calls and hence you'll be charged for the b-leg
call. Also, most likely is that you will not be able to present the original
caller id of a-leg to the forwarded extension, because of pstn settings
(inbound acls for clid on your line).

There is a way on most ISDN lines to "deflect" call back to the telco switch
with the forward extension information, so the switch can call the b-leg
itself and properly present the original clid. FS then doesn't need to
anything but to respond with the information.
I'm pretty sure, though, that telco will charge you for that second call,
also.

Regards,
Ognjen