[Freeswitch-users] Difference Between "bridge" and "transfer"

Russell Mosemann Russell.Mosemann at cune.org
Fri Feb 5 18:51:57 PST 2010

Costa Zikalala asked

> The incoming call is to a normal DID number, but I don't bridge to that
> internal extension instead to a normal external PSTN number.
> Will I then be charged for the b-leg?

You are making the call on the b-leg. If you are normally charged for making a call, then you will be charged. A call is a call. It doesn't matter if your cousin is making the call, your grandmother is making the call or FS is making the call. It is all happening on your PSTN line. The telephone company doesn't care who is making the call. They only care that your line is being used to make a call.

--
Russell Mosemann