[Freeswitch-users] Can Freeswitch and OpenSER Co-reside on Same Server?

Kristian Kielhofner kristian.kielhofner at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 14:10:05 PST 2010

On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 4:51 PM, Jim Thomas <jimthomasembedded at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Kristian,
>
> I enjoyed your recent blog praising FreeSWITCH.

  Thanks.

> The world needs an O'Reilly book about FreeSWITCH.  Perhaps you could write one in your spare time?

  O'Reilly authors have a joke: "The only people that get rich writing
books are Stephen King and J.K. Rowling".  I'm not picking on
O'Reilly; it doesn't matter who the publisher is.  Writing a tech book
takes an immense amount of time and compared to consulting and other
ways to spend your limited time it (often) doesn't pay well enough.

  Certainly some people are in different situation.  In the next
couple of days I'll be reviewing Packt Publishing's new OpenSIPS book
written by Flavio Goncalves.  Flavio has an OpenSIPS training business
so writing a book is perfect for him.  You get to train with the guy
who literally wrote the book!

> Whoever gets there first and does it well is likely to own that shelf space for a long time to come.

  There are some people working on a FreeSWITCH book and it makes
sense for them too.  I'm sure they'll do a great job.

--
Kristian Kielhofner
http://www.astlinux.org