[Freeswitch-users] Seeking Advice on SIP Phones like Aastra 6739i or Snom 870 that have good interoperability with FreeSWITCH

Darren C. ustcorporation at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 3 18:12:09 PST 2010

Hello,

I'm working on a project and are interested in using one of the newer SIP Phones with color displays, perhaps touchscreen, etc. to implement PBX-like features like voice mail messages waiting, visual address book, conference call setup, and more.

We want to send some information about a call to the SIP Phone either via FS or our own Web Service.  These two phones have XML browsers that we may be able to utilize.  I'm concerned that these phones may work OK with Asterisk but not sure about FreeSWITCH.  There is a great guide for XML Services for Aastra 6739i but only mention Asterisk in the examples:

http://www.aastratelecom.com/cps/rde/xbcr/SID-3D8CCB6A-93A834D7/03/XML_Free_Services_-_PA-001005-00-05.pdf

I prefer to use phones that work well with FS but these are too new to show up on interoperability page.  Anyone have experience using these, any advise would be appreciated:

Aastra 6739i
http://www.aastratelecom.com/cps/rde/xbcr/SID-3D8CCB6A-EAA51F83/03/6739i_pds_en_1209.pdf
http://www.voipsupply.com/aastra-6739i

SNOM 870
http://www.snom.com/uploads/docu/data_snom870_en.pdf
http://www.snom.com/products/ip-phones/snom-870-touchscreen-voip-phone
http://www.voipsupply.com/snom-870

Hoping someone has some positive or negative experiences working with these phones.

Thanks,

teldev