[Freeswitch-users] Equivalent to Asterisk's"directrtpsetup=yes"?

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Mon Feb 1 02:43:37 PST 2010

Fred-145 <codecomplete at free.fr> wrote:
> On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 22:36:25 -0600, Brian West
> <brian at freeswitch.org> wrote:
> >Going back no_media after hold isn't supported yet.. Anthony said he would add it if someone really really wanted it and posted a bounty of $500 to cover his time to implement it.
>
> Thanks all for the info. The bottom line seems to be that it's really
> not a good idea to remove Freeswitch from the media path, and it's a
> better idea to look elsewhere if scalability is an issue.

I don't think that's a good summary. What contributors to this thread are
saying is that there are trade-offs: you can keep FreeSWITCH in the media
path, with its consequent load on the server, or you can configure it for
bypass media or proxy media modes to reduce the load. In the latter case, nat
traversal issues may have to be dealt with, if relevant to your situation, and
if anyone wants to return to bypass media after hold, they're welcome to pay
the bounty to have this functionality implemented.