[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch with TLS

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Fri Dec 31 23:07:30 MSK 2010

Michel,

OpenSIPS/Kamalio/etc are proxies themselves and support TLS. They
would do so more efficiently than FreeSWITCH since they proxy the
calls rather than being a b2bua which starts a full session for each
call as FS does. MediaProxy can handle RTP, if you need that (but I
doubt that you would).

I would suggest that you have several OpenSIPS proxy servers in front
of your current OpenSIPS server which use TLS on incoming and forward
on to your current box unencrypted.

You would probably be better off looking at how you can create a
cluster of OpenSIPS servers which accept TLS and accept registrations,
so that you can add extra servers to the cluster as the load on them
increases. That would scale far better than everyone registering to a
single box.

-Steve