[Freeswitch-users] Dropping the Subject: header

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 18:57:19 MSK 2010

I assume you're doing a bridge?

FreeSWITCH is a b2bua... meaning the call going into FreeSWITCH is a
separate call from the one going out (it just links the media on the 2
calls together to bridge them). That's why the variable's not being
copied across by default.

It is however possible to tell FreeSWITCH to copy a variable from the
A-leg to the B-leg, and any non-standard SIP headers can be read and
written using the sip_h_ variable prefix. Try this:

<extension name="...">
  <condition ...>
    <action application="export" data="sip_h_Subject" />
    <action application="bridge" data="..." />
  </condition>
</extension>

The subject should be in the sip_h_Subject variable on the A-leg, the
above will export (copy) that variable onto the B-leg and it should
then appear in the outgoing invite.

-Steve