[Freeswitch-users] gateway without static IP

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Tue Dec 21 05:25:35 MSK 2010

Well, in a roundabout way you can, by using "sofia_contact" API and regex at
the fs_cli. Here's a quick session I just did:

freeswitch at internal> sofia_contact 1002 at 10.15.0.94
sofia/internal/sip:1002 at 10.15.0.136:61524
;rinstance=f832369f26387993;transport=udp;fs_nat=yes
freeswitch at internal> regex sofia/internal/sip:1002 at 10.15.0.136:61524
;rinstance=f832369f26387993;transport=udp;fs_nat=yes|(\d+\.\d+\.\d+\.\d+)|$1
10.15.0.136
freeswitch at internal>

My user's IP addr is 10.15.0.136. Your challenge, I assume, is knowing when
to update the gateway. If you know that then you can launch the above
commands via a shell script using fs_cli -x. Just be sure to use all the
proper escape sequences for passing all those parens, pipes and backslashes.
:)

-MC