[Freeswitch-users] Linux IDE for debugging FS?

Chris Burns chris at cloudtel.com
Sat Dec 18 22:48:44 MSK 2010

I guess Eclipse CDT is what you are looking for, but I have never used it.
It always seemed efficient to me to just deal with gdb directly, and build
using make + related tools

gdb supports remote debugging via gdbserver but I have never found a reason
to use it

For an editor my personal choice is KDE's kate, just for ease of working
with remote files transparently and using my mouse once in a while (I know
... I'm such a noob). Men of stiffer resolve than myself swear by emacs or
vim ... choosing one over the other defines you forever as a programmer so
be careful (slightly joking). If you want to really go out on a limb you
chould use nano, but everyone will laugh at you :D