[Freeswitch-users] questions about VAD and echo cancellation

joy this thisjoy0528 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 13:07:20 MSK 2010

Dear all:

        I have questions about VAD and echo cancellation. My FS is Version
1.0.head (git-) under Windows XP. My soft-phone is X-Lite. I use earphones
and microphones for sip 1 which means the talking and hearing are separated;
on the other hand, I use NB for sip 2 which makes the talking and hearing in
the same place. Sip 1 (1000) calls sip 2 (1001) via FS. When I say something
via sip 1, the echo will occur, and the echo will only occur on sip 1.

        How do I cancel the echo? Buy a hardware card or something else? I
have two gateways which are Wellgate2644 and ata171m. Please give me some
suggestions.

        When I enabled VAD, I found something strange. In the start of the
session, I can hear the noise and echo on sip 1. If I say something via sip
2, the echo and the noise will disappear. Then the echo will not occur on
sip 1 only in a short time, about several seconds. The echo and the noise
will occur gradually if I say something via sip1. Is it a normal situation?

Sincerely yours,
Thisjoy.