[Freeswitch-users] Compile Error on Solaris 10

Marty Lee marty at maui-systems.co.uk
Thu Dec 16 14:02:31 MSK 2010

Hi,

just playing with building FreeSwitch on a Solaris 10 box and am hitting a link
error when building the target '.libs/freeswitch'

make_mask32                         freeswitch-switch.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to .libs/freeswitch

Looking at the source, make_mask32 seems to be defined in the spandsp/src/bit_operations.c file, which isn't involved in the linking at
this point.

Building with Sun Studio 12, just in case it's of any interest.

I'll try and move the make_mask32 function in to the library and see if that cures
the problem. Thought I'd ask here, as this kind of thing should appear on most
platforms if it really is a problem - meaning it might be something at my end.

(Tried posting this to the -dev alias, but I'm guessing it's held by the moderators;
 I've put the 'make_mask32' function into the freeswitch library and now the compile
 works ok)

-----
Marty Lee                         e: marty at maui-systems.co.uk
Technical Director                v: +44 845 869 2661
Maui Systems Ltd                  f: +44 871 433 8922
Scotland, UK                      w: http://www.maui-systems.co.uk