[Freeswitch-users] Scale UP Freeswitch

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Sun Dec 12 14:23:02 MSK 2010

> 1. i am thinking to use kamailo in front of FS boxes, is there any
> difference between kamailo and opensips?

They're both forks of OpenSER so for the most part there's little difference.

There are some small differences though since the fork. For example,
opensips has a load_balancer module which kamalio does not (kamalio
can still do load balancing but has a different interface to do so).

> 2. if kamailo or opensips is running in front of FS, then will it send call
> to FS with original customer ip? so i can do billing etc on FS box
> -> actually i do IP based authentication and also ip based billing on FS
> box, so in case, i recieve kamailo ip on FS box then i'll loose the original
> customer overview.

It will appear coming from the proxy IP. But there is a workaround.
Configure a proxy ACL on the SIP profile and add your proxy IP to it.
Then adjust your proxy routing rules so that it adds a X-Auth-IP
header that contains the original IP.
Anything coming from anything in the proxy ACL is trusted and FS will
use the value from X-Auth-IP (if it exists).

-Steve