[Freeswitch-users] Stop offering video on outbound if no video offered on inbound

peely freeswitch at peely.com
Thu Dec 9 22:10:15 MSK 2010

Hi,

I have a "registrar" sip profile which I have set H263 and H264 in the
codec-prefs to allow video.

Now, I see that when a call is offered which only provides audio codecs, FS
still offers video codecs on the outbound call. Interestingly I have also
occasionally seen this on session timer updates, where an audio codec had
been negotiated but then video offered suddenly in the timer refresh, which
has confused a few devices.

Is there an option to not offer video codecs on the egress if no video codec
is offered on the ingress, and possibly to allow audio transcoding but no
video transcoding?

I guess I could have a stab at a set of swanky dialplan entries but wondered
if there's a specific profile option.

Thanks,

Neil.