[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH 64bit compilation error (Solaris 10)

Kim Culhan w8hdkim at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 15:51:56 MSK 2010

On Tue, December 7, 2010 5:51 am, RR wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I have a really stupid question to ask. Having skimmed through the steps
> take to compile FreeSWITCH in a Solaris environment, everywhere it seems
> talk about the jds-cbe and sun studio etc...basically meaning that I have
> have the X11 framework/graphical environment/packages installed on the
> machine? Is it possible to compile it without this using the standard,
> ./configure, make combo and the standard gcc etc?
Installing the jds-cbe and sun studio does not involve installing 'the X11
framework' on the machine.

refer to::

http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Installation_Guide#OpenSolaris_os200906

A step in the above refers to: /opt/dtbld/bin/env.sh which is installed by
the jds-cbe

The script sets some variables in the environment which are read by
Freeswitch configure
as Mike mentioned:

> On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 4:20 AM, Michael Jerris <mike at jerris.com> wrote:
>
>> Try taking a list at the info here:
>> http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Download_%26_Installation_Guide#SolarisYou need
>> to be passing any necessary cflags in on configure
Please follow the guide for compiling on Opensolaris and post if you run
into any problems.
**
Hope this helps.

-kim