[Freeswitch-users] "No Digits to send" on purpose?

Jeroen C. van Gelderen slim at thegreek.com
Thu Dec 2 01:12:42 MSK 2010

Hi Daniel,

Indeed. I have configured the FXS port in "hotline" mode.

As soon as the FXS port goes off-hook it drops into extension 1000. That
extension bridges to the FXO port so that the FXS ports gets the dialtone
from the CO:

  <context name="csd-outbound">

    <extension name="csd-outbound">

      <condition field="destination_number" expression="^1000$">

        <action application="export" data="freetdm_disable_dtmf=yes"/>

        <action application="disable_dtmf"/>

        <action application="answer"/>

        <action application="bridge"
data="freetdm/span_fxo_csd/${freetdm_chan_number}/w"/>

        <action application="hangup"/>

      </condition>

    </extension>

  </context>

The problem is that Freeswitch in its current incarnation insists that I
send at least one DTMF digit out on the FXO port. I work around this issue
by sending a 'w' "digit" as follows:

  <action application="bridge" data="freetdm/span_fxo_csd/1/w"/>

This does not actually cause any DTMF tones to be sent out on the FXO port
(so my dialtone is not disturbed) but it does cause a 5-second wait before
the dialtone is heard on the FXS port.

What I really need is this:

  <action application="bridge" data="freetdm/span_fxo_csd/1/"/>

Using this however results in the "No Digits to send" error.

Is there a specific reason why FS insists on always sending at least one
digit? What would break if we allow zero-digit DNIS in the bridge call?

Cheers,
-Slim
--
Jeroen C. "Slim" van Gelderen