[Freeswitch-users] : Skypopen error

Giovanni Maruzzelli gmaruzz at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 19:56:30 MSK 2010

Hi Jian,

I hope in English "bizarre" does not sound bad, in Italian would be
like "original and out of standard in a funny way" :).

>From the log you attached to the Jira, the incoming SIP calls that are
then bridged to skypopen are sending both the "A" dtmf and the "D"
dtmf (can't remember if any other).

You can peruse the log looking for "error 21", and you'll  see is
anytime that they sent to you (via SIP) one of the A-B-C-D dtmfs that
mod_skypopen duly passes to skype.

Problem is: the Skype client does not accept or relay dtmf "A-D", and
spit out an error.

Out of curiosity you may want to check why your customers are using
dtrmf A-D, but is not an absolut need.

Anyway, I'll fix this in mod_skypopen code asap, so that if another
channel (SIP in your case) try to send A-D to skype, that dtmf will be
ignored and a warning line will be emitted to console and to logfile.
And no more errors or aborted calls.

-giovanni

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 5:35 PM, Jian Ren <renjian at gmail.com> wrote:
> Also this happened during a call, which got hanged up because of the error.
> So the phone sends out A-D during a call?
> Jian
> On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 11:33 AM, Jian Ren <renjian at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Interesting. I don't have these keys on my phone. Here is the dialplan
>> string I am using in the ATA(SPA1001):
>> (<:1>[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx|011xx.|1[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx|1xxx|00xx.)
>> Shouldn't it only take numbers?
>> Could this be caused by any dialplan XML files in freeswitch?
>> Thanks!
>> Jian
>>
>> On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 10:45 AM, Patrick Lists
>> <freeswitch-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl> wrote:

>>> DTMF A-D seems to be used only on military phones:
>>> http://www.telecomdictionary.com/telecom_dictionary_DTMF_definition.html
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Patrick

Sincerely,