[Freeswitch-users] Nextone (Genband) >> Freeswitch Ringback issue

Errol Samuels esamuels777 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 03:14:22 PDT 2010

Hello All,

I have a weird situation where a carrier is sending calls to our FS server
but not hearing a Ringback tone, however once the call connects they are
getting audio but when this carrier sends calls to our Yate server they are
getting the Ringback without a problem.

I have tried setting the Ring_Ready below but it didn't help the situation
either.

<extension name="ringback" continue="true">
              <condition field="network_addr" expression="^(.*)$">
                <action application="ring_ready"/>
              </condition>
    </extension>

The traces from both the FS server and the Yate server show we are sending:

100 Trying
180 Ringing
183 Session Progress with SDP

The carrier is claiming they are using the same configuration for both the
Yate and FS server.  Has anyone had similar a similar issue with Nextone
(Genband)?

Just to mention we are sending calls to this carrier from FS without issue.

Thanks in advance,

Errol