[Freeswitch-users] freetdm config problem

Jim jim at k4gvo.com
Tue Aug 31 04:21:48 PDT 2010

On 08/31/2010 05:57 AM, covici at ccs.covici.com wrote:
> Moises Silva<moises.silva at gmail.com>  wrote:
>

>> I missed the obvious in your config. The span type you specified is invalid.
>>
>> [span zt myFxs] and or [span zt myFxo], there is a space between zt and the
>> span name, zt is the special keyword to specify the span type, in this case,
>> a zaptel/dahdi span. The string after the space is whatever span name you
>> want to give to the span.
>>
> What is the name =>  item mean then?

In freetdm.conf if you have
[span zt myFxs]
Then in autoconfig/freetdm.conf.xml you need a section that (in part
using your example) looks like:

<configuration name="freetdm.conf" description="FreeTDM Configuration">
   <!-- one entry here per openzap span -->
   <analog_spans>
       <!--<param name="hold-music" value="$${moh_uri}"/>-->
       <param name="tonegroup" value="us"/>
       <param name="digit-timeout" value="2000"/>

The myFxs provides the linkage to the section of the xml file from the
freetdm.conf file.

I hope that was the question, if not try again.

Jim.