[Freeswitch-users] Early Media troubles

Jock McKechnie jock.mckechnie at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 14:59:47 PDT 2010

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 4:23 PM, Brian West <brian at freeswitch.org> wrote:

> Well nothing is going to be sent because it has NOTHING to send... what
> exactly do you wish it to do?  Do you want to send your own ringback inband?
>  Or have the far end do it?  So in your previous example the 180 was sent
> but no RTP because thats fine.  You can also do inband early media but
> you'll have to generate it via the various methods we have.  The defaults
> have examples of this.

As in the initial eMail, I wish to play a specific audio file as early
media, pick up the call, play another audio file post answer, and then
disconnect. I had not tried the example given in the defaults, it's been a
while since I'd looked through them. I ripped an example straight out of the
default sample to try and get a working baseline I could modify, if I could
get ANY early media it would be start. So far I have this:
    <extension name="wait">
      <condition field="destination_number" expression="^wait$">
        <action application="pre_answer"/>
        <action application="sleep" data="20000"/>
        <action application="answer"/>
        <action application="sleep" data="1000"/>
        <action application="playback"
data="/usr/local/freeswitch/sounds/playback"/>
        <action application="hangup"/>
      </condition>
    </extension>

    <!-- Send a 183 and send uk-ring as the ringtone. (early media) -->
   <extension name="Inbound">
      <condition field="destination_number" expression="^\+12132895773$">
        <action application="set" data="ringback=$${uk-ring}"/>
        <action application="bridge" data="loopback/wait"/>
      </condition>
    </extension>

Quite a different set up, now I'm bridging the call and then playing back
via this bridged loopback extension, but still no RTP on the 183.

Is this closer to what you think should work out of the box?

 - JP