[Freeswitch-users] long DTMF

Tihomir Culjaga tculjaga at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 10:23:50 PDT 2010

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 1:17 PM, Nyamul Hassan <mnhassan at usa.net> wrote:

> I did read your emails, and I thought the Lua script idea was nice.

lua was nice but it was blocking ... no further dialplan processing before
it ends (at least this is what i went into)... and if it ends there is no
Callback to collect DTMF digits  :(
I tried to put it in background but i was not able to...

anyhow it was a nice experience ... my 1st lua scripting :)

> The ESL was more complicated, but also good.  But, you didn't accept
> either.

ESL ... huh its really nice but not applicable to my application :( ... I
decided to go dialplan way and did everything within. honestly a separate
daemon than interacts with FS and decides what to do according to events
scares me a bit ... I have never done something like this and i was not
confident i would complete the task on time.

This means moving the logic outside FS... anyhow this is something on my
next ToDo list :)

> So, I was wondering, is this "bind_long_DTMF" something that allows you to
> capture DTMF during the full length of the call, i.e. even after bridge?  Is
> that what you wished to accomplish?
>

> This is a callingCard application and one of the requirments was to be able
to cancel the wrong destination number entry with a single # (* is end of
dial digit) starting from the point it asks you for the destination number
afterwards. This means you can cancel an while; getting destination number,
calls in being bridged, already bridged calls and return the A-leg call
state back to enter another destination.

As i didn't find any solution around here to do such a thing in dialplan or
via scripting i went down to the original code and wrote my own function.

BTW: Also, i will extend the function to do what it's name says "long". If
someone press # for a certain amount of time (topically 2 seconds) an action
will be triggered. If the duration is less than the specified time nothing
will happen.

Thanks for your e-mail.

T.