[Freeswitch-users] Deployment questions: Freeswitch or Freeswitch with a SIP proxy server

Kamigishi Rei spambox at haruhiism.net
Thu Aug 26 22:59:00 PDT 2010

  On 25.08.2010 18:42, Tim St. Pierre wrote:
>   "public" profile:
> Listens on port 5080
> Has it's own dialplan that can deliver a call to extensions, but doesn't allow calls to much else.
> The dialplan is written with security in mind.
> The DNS SRV record for our domain points to the public IP address for this profile, port 5080.
> Anyone dialing EXTEN at our.domain gets sent here, and the call is processed.
Yeah, currently I have the same setup for DNS, just the profile is
called 'external' like in the default configuration.

> "internal" profile.
> listens on port 5070 (and eventually 5071 when I get TLS working)
> Is used for all the SIP endpoints, and authenticates them when they register.
So basically it works mostly like the default 'internal' profile, right?
> If a call comes in on this profile for anything other than pbx.our.domain, we can match this in the
> dialplan and send a call out on the "public" profile to whomever they want to call.
No ACL checking? Because the default internal profile just rejects
everything that arrives to it and is not authenticated.

--
Kamigishi Rei
KREI-RIPE