[Freeswitch-users] Voice mail isn't working on one extension.

Jim jim at k4gvo.com
Thu Aug 26 07:15:25 PDT 2010

On 08/26/2010 09:48 AM, Jim wrote:
> On 08/26/2010 06:47 AM, Jim wrote:
>
>> I have the following connected to my FS box.  A GrandStream phone, two
>> POTS phones via the Linksys SPA2002, a soft phone installed on another
>> system, not the FS machine and another POTS connected via an A200 port.
>>
>> If I call the GrandStream from one of the POTS on the SPA2002, it rings
>> for ~30 seconds and I get a fast busy.  If I call on the A200 connected
>> phone, it rings and then nothing.  It just stops ringing.  If I call on
>> the soft phone after it stops ringing I see a 404 error displayed on the
>> phone "console".  The log shows:
>>
>> 2010-08-26 06:30:59.364714 [DEBUG] mod_sofia.c:453 Channel
>> sofia/internal/1000 at 192.168.2.51 hanging up, cause: NO_ROUTE_DESTINATION
>> 2010-08-26 06:30:59.384660 [DEBUG] mod_sofia.c:515 Responding to INVITE
>> with: 404
>> 2010-08-26 06:30:59.384660 [DEBUG] switch_core_state_machine.c:46
>> sofia/internal/1000 at 192.168.2.51 Standard HANGUP, cause:
>> NO_ROUTE_DESTINATION
>>
>> If I do a diff of directory/default/1001.xml and 1002.xml the only
>> differences are the numbers and passwords.
>>
>> Any idea what I might want to try next?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Jim.
>>

> I did change the extension from 1001 to 1010 just to see if it affected
> the results.  It did not.
>
> Jim.

I also did a power off M/C of the phone and looked at the settings.
They are mostly factory default and I know for a fact that voice mail
worked with that phone when I was running Asterisk.

I did a git of the latest yesterday to pickup freetdm so I'm running the
latest and greatest code, or a very close likeness.  I'm thinking
voicemail on FS has some bugs.  I also found that when I bridged an
outside line (sip) to my A200 connected phone, the phone rings, lets me
answer but if I let it ring, I never get voicemail.  I do get VM if I
dial it from a local extension.  If I bridge to a POTS phone connected
to the SPA2002 it works as expected, i. e. I get VM.

Jim.