[Freeswitch-users] Inbound and then outbound call?

Michael Scheidell michael.scheidell at secnap.com
Wed Aug 25 12:04:02 PDT 2010

don't know vitelity,
but voip.ms.  supports user/password or ip based auth.  has built in
Vmail, redirect on network outage.
us did's are .99/c per month, and calls 1.1c/ month. (20? trunks per did?)

On 8/25/10 2:28 PM, Malay Thakershi wrote:
> [...]
>>
>>     On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 10:33 AM, Malay Thakershi
>>     <mthakershi at gmail.com <mailto:mthakershi at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>         I am currently looking at Vitelity. They have 1.44 cents per
>>         minute. They do charge for incoming/outgoing both.
>>
>>         I am not literally dialing out to a phone. I want to dial a
>>         mobile number or any other US number for that matter.
>>
>>         Here is what I intent to do:
>>         1. A US phone dials to Vitelity number -- comes to my FS box
>>         2. I validate few things
>>         3. Dial another US number and connect received call to that one
>>
>>         So as you said I will be charged 2 * 1.44 (since I can't
>>         terminate the arrived call after validation).
>>
>>         Is there any other way to the sequence I have specified above?
>>
>>         Are there providers similar to Vitelity but cheaper (with
>>         relatively same features)?
>>
>>         Thank you.
>>
>>         On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 6:06 PM, Anthony Cosgrove
>>         <acosgrov at gmail.com <mailto:acosgrov at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>             On Tue, 2010-08-24 at 13:58 -0500, Malay Thakershi wrote:
>>             > Hello,
>>             >
>>             >
>>             > It would be a great help if someone can guide me.
>>             >
>>             >
>>             > 1. I would like to first receive a call, perform
>>             certain validations.
>>             > (Able to do this via mod_managed application that
>>             handles call from
>>             > dialplan).
>>             >

>>             That should not be a problem, I don't know your
>>             requirements so can't
>>             provide a full answer.
>>
>>             >
>>             > 2. Now, I would like to dial out to a PSTN number so
>>             that received
>>             > call is connected to this new outbound number.
>>             >

>>             This can be done and is called hairpinning.
>>
>>             >
>>             > How can this be done? Do I use Originate from within my
>>             .NET
>>             > (mod_managed) code?
>>             >

>>             Yes, you would be bridging the two legs like any normal
>>             call. Instead of
>>             going to an endpoint you're going back out over the PSTN.
>>
>>             >
>>             > Do I get charged for both incoming and outbound call
>>             until the entire
>>             > session ends? Is there a way to receive call, validate
>>             and then sort
>>             > of transfer and then terminate the received call so I
>>             do not get
>>             > charged for both?
>>
>>             That would depend on your provider but most likely yes.
>>             As for
>>             terminating one end after validation that is not going to
>>             happen. A leg
>>             terminates to you on an agreed fee schedule. No carrier
>>             that I know of
>>             supports that. Now if you kept everything SIP... you

Michael Scheidell, CTO
o: 561-999-5000
d: 561-948-2259
ISN: 1259*1300
 > *| *SECNAP Network Security Corporation

    * Certified SNORT Integrator
    * Best in Email Security,2010: Network Products Guide
    * King of Spam Filters, SC Magazine 2008